Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy VD

Oh the day of love. February 14th. You dawned with our neighborhood in six inches of snow and my commute to work surprisingly very fast albeit very slushy. I was the first to arrive in the office at 9:31; doors locked and lights off. I need to get a key. Time is short, but I promised I'd throw up the Valentine's Day cards I made last week.

Take with a grain of salt; I actually really love Valentine's Day. Not just a day for sweethearts, but to express appreciation for everyone important in your life.

So, you'd expect a typical homemade Valentine to look something like these:











I made those two cards and got bored. The cards that were made next can really only be explained by photos.

For the recently broken up:























For those trying to spark a little Valentine's Day lovin':




















For those who have lost hope:




















Or become disillusioned:














Those who are bored in their relationship:


















Those who are optimistic:



















And lastly, those who are too punny for their own good:



So what do you think? Am I Hallmark's next great? Or should I keep my day job. Which card is your favorite? I have my personal faves but am interested in what other's think... Have I missed other obvious creative cards? My friend Jared made a few funny ones too--I wish I had the photos. But alas, you'll have to do with these.
Happy VDay peeps!

9 comments:

ju said...

i like the "love is bland" card because it's done in cursive, and i don't remember the last time i wrote in cursive- probably in 4th grade when i made this valentine for the boy i had a crush on... hey- wait a minute...

kendall said...

haha nat! You're amazing! My favorite is the breakup one. I can't believe how creative you are. Hallmark will be recruiting.

stephanielynn said...

First of all, be careful with your use of "VD". Some might mistake it for something else...

Super cute Valentines! My favorites are the break-up one and the Pussycat Dolls one:)

I wish I were as creative as you.

MishMyBelle said...

Nat...so creative! How do I pick my favorite? I like the vday card for the disillusioned and the one for some needing some vday lovin'! You crack me up. Keep me updated on RH!

Lindsay Jane said...

You are too funny. I love the Olympic's one.....LOL

Unknown said...

Can you please explain what you mean by "button" and "pussycat doll"? I don't understand.

Anonymous said...

OMFG that is so hilarious. You are amazing. The mucus card is priceless.

Anonymous said...

I loved the buttons card the best, but inside you should have said loosen my button instead. Otherwise it's still priceless!

Anonymous said...

creativity certainly runs in families....
kinobud

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!