Sunday, February 25, 2007

Pieces of Double-Diamond Platinum Success

Tonight, I had a double-diamond platinum accomplishment. I am the second person in history to have sung a perfect score on one particular Gamecube's version of Karaoke Hero.

And I have Ashlee Simpson to thank.

"Pieces of Me" is a quasi-annoying, quasi-guilty pleasure song on the radio; karaoke-style borders more on the always-annoying, not-very pleasureful scale. Nonetheless, my pitch was pretty consistent and I knew all the words. Talk about embarrassing. Not exactly a song to brag about.

But a double-diamond platinum score is nothing to scoff at mind you. However...

Don't worry; I credit my win to the fact the song/singer weren't very good to start with. I tried Whitney's "The Greatest Love" later in the evening and my success was marginal compared to the primary "Pieces of Me."

Nonetheless, it's about time A. Simp got a little respect.

She has mine.

3 comments:

Mooney said...

That's astonishing, particularly because I'm quite cetain from the amount of auto-tune I hear in that song that Ashlee never sang it as well as you did either.

kendall said...

congratulations! you could be a pop-star!!

Anonymous said...

That was a glorious song. Mike, Cyrus and I rocked off, and I lost, so I get to be the one to break that bad news to you: it was just a "diamond record." (mike sung a diamond a few days before you) Keep in mind that this is still considered perfection, but let's be honest, diamonds AND platinum. I've done my fair share of ring shopping and I get sick seeing them together.

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!