Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Coat of Many Kinos

Once, I bought this coat for our dog Kino. I was going home to Portland for a few days and decided to bring the dog a present. Granted, I'm mostly indifferent to animals, but this little dog jacket was $3 at Old Navy. Being the "can't turn down a good deal" shopper that I am, I bought Kino the coat. With that said, I will now tell my favorite Kino story.

(Good segue huh? I've been a little slow in the photo department lately, and who doesn't love a blog with a spoiled dog in down coat with fake fur? I will admit however, there's something a little off with Kino in this photo. It creeps me out about 7%)

I came home from church one Sunday and was going to grill a hamburger out on our deck. (When I say deck, I really mean 4-story "balcony" over a ravine because our house was on a hill.) Unfortunately, being that it was Portland and all, it was pouring rain. And we have no cover on the deck.

I maneuvered myself in and out of the house multiple times, trying my hardest not to drip water all over the place. My final trip in, I had to empty my hands so I could close my umbrella. Erroneously, I put down the plate with my freshly grilled burger.

Kino, being the little conniving thief that he is, snatched the burger off my plate and ran away. I yelled in tandem at the dog and for my mom. She wrested the patty from Kino's unyielding mouth and rinsed it off in the sink.

I gave Kino a swift little, unseen kick and ate my burger.

Which is the strangest part of the story?
A) Like a cookie on TV, a perfect bite was taken from my burger.
B) I'm writing a blog that features a dog in human clothes.
C) I ate a burger that had literally been washed.
D) I readily admit to harming an animal.
E) Other.

7 comments:

kendall said...

Kino loves that coat. That's the 7% creep.

maWeesa said...

this line made me laugh out loud.. because i pictured you really doing it: I gave Kino a swift little, unseen kick and ate my burger

maWeesa said...

oh boy.. i'm still laughing about it.. and i'm in the library.. people are starting to look at me...

stephanielynn said...

I'm going to go with C) I ate a burger that had literally been washed.

Loved it!

I also am still laughing out loud and I'm a little worried about what my co-workers might think:)

Anonymous said...

E! You are a magnet for things happening to you and all you could come up with is a Kino story? He is one step away from a WILD animal doing what comes naturally to him (even in a faux fur coat) and you kicked him for it...
kinobud...

Unknown said...

Who grills a single hamburger? THAT is strange.

Carlee said...

At least you washed the meat - I know a lot of people who wouldn't have even been that involved.

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!