Tuesday, February 20, 2007

"It's karma, I tell you what."

As I so eloquently described yesterday, I had to work. On President's Day--the usual freebie vacation day that most employees get off. One of the perks of working at a small company, however, is the strict adherence to paying for only state-mandated holidays. So we worked.

I have also, in previous posts, alluded to the giant ice storm us Bostonians have been digging out of for nearly a week. Skies have been clear this week but temperatures range in the -8 to 19 degree range, so the ice not only stays frozen, but freezes harder.

Yesterday, of all the days since the ice storm, being President's Day, the day we had to work... both the founders of our 10-employee company spent time at the ER. For individual slips on the ice. Different times, different places. One has a seriously sprained knee, the other had a collapsed lung. Both are in pain at home.

This morning we sat discussing this recent turn of events, and one of my designers spoke right up and said, "It's karma, I tell you what. They made us work yesterday, they paid the price."

1 comment:

stephanielynn said...

I agree with your co-worker. And Justin Timberlake...What goes around, comes around.

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!