Saturday, July 07, 2007

It's Your Love

Last night, Marianne and I were set to attend Faith Hill and Tim McGraw's final touring of their "Soul 2 Soul" concert. I attended last year in Salt Lake, and knew just how exciting the show was going to be.

Here we are, striking our best cowgirl poses before we took off through the very urban Boston mass transportation system.

Let me fill you in on a little secret. The great city of Boston does not appreciate country music the way Salt Lake City does--or for the record, the way they should. I know I'm a dying breed of country music lovers, but come on. I can't help it. Country music makes me feel good. Happy. Aye yie yie. I love it so much. This concert didn't even sell out! And those who were there were mostly too sloshed to remember how fantastic it was. Boo Boston, I've found your first weakness. Heck, there's only one country station here! And it's terrible! (SLC for the record has three; all of which are a joy and a southern delight.)

But I digress. Here we are, standing in front of some big Tim & Faith sign. I smuggled both Marianne and my cameras into the Garden in my front jeans pockets. Shabby security secured our right to contraband photos. Huzzah!
Here's how they opened the show. A fantastically amazing cover of Snow Patrol's "Chasing Cars." If you don't listen to the whole song, jump ahead to :56 remaining where Faith starts to wail. This was the point where I got goosebumps and remembered how obsessed I am with Faith. (Really! Everything about her is getting better with age!)










Tim & Faith both did an hour of their own music. It literally blows my mind how they (esp. Faith) can belt like that for so long.

They were amazing on their own, but they were absolutely phenomenal together. I'm pretty sure these two have the hottest love on earth. I know what Reese&Ryan's breakup did to me, Tim&Faith would literally rock my world.

I understand I'm casting my pearls before swine with this post as it's uncool to like country. But I had such an amazing time and I promise you would have too. Listening to these two just makes you want to be in love and happy. And gorgeous. I will close before I continue gushing. If you love me, go find a version of "I Need You" by these two and just listen to it. I'm rather obsessed. I'd upload my video, but it's too large. Do it. For me. (I'll even make it easy. Here's a slideshow of photos of them and the song.)

How true it was, when I texted Stephanie telling her I was at the concert, and this was the reply I got: "Fun! This is like the best week ever for you!"

Amen.

6 comments:

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

I'm rather new to the country music scene, but I've gotta say I agree. A lot of country songs make me happy too. And plus, I definitely got goosebumps at :56, just like you predicted. Thanks cute girl!

MishMyBelle said...

Nat I am so jealous! My sister went to their Soul 2 Soul concert in Seattle and loved it. I had myself a country weekend as well...but Garth and Trisha don't even compare!

Linda said...

I've never been big into country but I still like it. All the songs seems so happy, PLUS you can sing along to any female country singer and sound great!! I love it!!

Mooney said...

Tim McGraw's "Everywhere" is a phenomenal album. And Faith Hill is an incredibly hot momma. Don't say I never said anything good about country.

kendall said...

I love that you called me during my favorite song in the whole world, and it did sound fantastic.

Alaina said...

Ohhhh I love country and it sucks that it's so uncool. We need a revolution. This week Rachel said that country has stories and then belted "She's in love with the boy..." I still smile to think about it :)

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!