Tuesday, December 05, 2006

By the Numbers

Okay. Really fast, the recap in numbers of Day #3 (the final frontier) of my trip to Boston.

1 contact lens I wore all day because my left eye decided to wig out first thing in the morning. I then proceeded to do anything that required reading with one eye. Arrrrrgh.
2 airplanes I took to get home. (also the number of sleeping pills I took Sunday night to combat the Diet Cherry Coke drinking binge I'd been on the night before)
3 times I purchased food; CVS Pharmacy for munchies, Starbucks to combat the frigid wind, Que Bueno! Mexican food in the Denver airport for some chips and salsa.
4 hours I slept on the flight from Boston to Denver--a miracle since I don't usually sleep on planes!
5 people I interviewed with at Digitas. 4 too many!
6 kleenex I used (in between interviews) to clear the gunk from my nose and mouth. A wonderful weekend to be sick!
7 o'clock. When I was supposed to wake up and start getting ready. Upon realizing I didn't have my curling iron or hairspray (left in the bags stored at my future-house) I went back to sleep.
8 dollars I had to spend to have a hotel runner well, run and buy me some hairspray. This girl cannot operate without any hair product.
9 minutes I spent changing in the hotel's bathroom--from interview suit to travel clothes.
10; the size my interview shoes should have been; instead of the 9 my feet were crammed into.
11 times I wish I'd had two good eyes instead of one.
12:30 : the time (MST) I went to bed.

Does this sound like a stressful day to you? ... it kind of was.

But I'm home now. Huzzah.

2 comments:

maWeesa said...

i need to hear about your trip from you honey.. let's chat for real

Anonymous said...

I follow the industry closely and would be interested in hearing more about your interview experience at Digitas. Sounds like you had a less than positive experience, no? Feel free to email me if you are perhaps interested in setting up a time to talk. Thanks.

Chessie@gmail.com

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!