Sunday, December 03, 2006

deck the halls

Hey all. Nat here, day number two. I'm sitting at the bar by myself in a fancy steakhouse eating on the company's dime. Not too shabby, but I am of course alone. Still not too shabby. I think the bartender is giving me better service because he feels sorry for me. The quick notes from today:

1. The $8.50 baked potato I'm eating is VERY dry. I think the Irish who have a strong presence here in Boston must have brought traces of the great potato famine fungas with them.

2. I was so close to Ben and Jen's house today in Cambridge I could have reached out and touched it. They have a silver Lexus. I was a little disappointed-I guess I was hoping for a hot air balloon that said, "we're richer than you are." or something.

3. My church building's chapel has a balcony with a glass piece in front of it. Maybe they had problems in the past with paper airplanes and beach balls?

4. The bartender, filling me my 4th Diet Cherry Coke said, "I take it you must not be a diabetic." I told him the diet cherry was my guilty pleasure of choice. The rest of my time there, he called my drink The Vice.

5. One way streets are not my friend. I was very very lost in the world's most beautiful downtown. In a car. It wasn't so bad.

6. My cab driver basically begged me to tell him more about the Mormons because, "Muslim and Mormon is so close." the missionaries will be contacting him shortly.

7. The mini bar in my posh hotel room has a yo yo with the hotel's name (www.ninezero.com) on it. I had a hard time passing it up.

8. H & M is a pretty amazing store. Having one one block from my future potential 2nd home isn't such a great plan I think.

9. And lastly, downtown Boston is pretty freaking rad. Commuting on the bus/T would be a pain, but I think it'd all be worthwhile.

Interviews tomorrow. Over and out!

1 comment:

kendall said...

i don't know how many times i have to say i am jealous of you, but there you have it.


they don't have a hot air balloon?!

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!