Friday, December 29, 2006

200! ... and counting!

Today is a celebratory day, it's my two-hundredth blog! It would have come yesterday, but I wanted to mark this momentous occasion with a celebratory blog, and celebratory blogs take some time, and in this case research. That's right, I had to read all 199 previous blogs in an effort to pick and choose my favorites.

All well and good until I realized I didn't write any good blogs until say, September or so. This proved to be a problem considering I officially started this blog in late April. Two-hundred blogs in eight months. Math definitely isn't my strong point, but I think that's 25 blogs a month. Granted, most of them are busts, so I'm going to recap the entire short history of Nat Attack is the New BloG by handing out some awards for my personal favorites.

Best Idea of the Summer - The Pageant that Never Happened
Best Timing that Almost Killed Me - The Night the Moon Shone Bright
Best Original Thought - Why the Best is Never Good Enough
Best Proof I Am Lucky - Baseball, Christmas Miracle I, Christmas Miracle II, Work Raffle
Best Use of Creepy Animal Photos - The Yawning Bunnies Return! (and you thought you escaped them)
Best Weird Website Writeups (3-way tie) - Craiglist is the New Match.com, Crying While Eating, SeekingArrangement
Best Use of MSN Homepage - All Fired Up!
Best YouTube Video - Little Superstar
Best Political Statement - It's All I Know About Politics
Best Letter - To The Executive Editors of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
Best Proof the Internet is Out to Get Me - My Family Tree of Travesty
Best Saga Involving Food - A Tale of Two Doughnuts; Part I, Part II, Part III, Part IV, Part V
Best Use of Numbers - A Numeric Trip to Boston

Well isn't that just a fun snapshot of the last 200 blogs? I guess I'll also consider this my end of the year write-up. I love surfing the web between Christmas and New Year's and reading the "Year in Review" recaps. 2006 was a good year for me. I made four bi-coastal flights to the East coast, four trips to Portland, weekend trips to Wyoming, Las Vegas, Phoenix, St. George, Boston, New York, camping in the canyons, canoeing, rafting, swimming, skating, dancing, Spring Break in Cancun, Memorial Day in Portland, 4th of July in Jackson Hole, Pioneer Day in Portland, Labor Day and Halloween in New York,Thanksgiving and a 6k in Salt Lake, Christmas-time in Boston, actual Christmas in Portland... I get around! Like I said, 2006 has been a good year.

Thanks for voyeuring on my life. May 2007 be as eventful. Look for updates on the wildness that will include another quick three-day interview trip, a cross-country drive in the middle of winter, and the humor that is sure to come from being in a completely foreign place without knowing a soul. Oh what fun we'll have. Me, the writer, and you, my faithful reader. Here's to the next 200! ~NatA!

6 comments:

kendall said...

i love you and your blog. The one thing you forgot to mention was how many people you sucked into the blogging world because of your super blog. I know at least four. Make that three. But it's got to be more! lloooooove you.

maWeesa said...

can't wait to see the next 2-hundo.. and i can't wait to see you tomorrow sucker

Minnesota Fan said...

Wow, 200? I'll be happy if/when I get to 20. And count me among those whom you helped punch a ticket for the blogging train. If you can update 25 times a month, I can at least do 3 or 4.

Alaina said...

I want a list of what you got for christmas

and a giant cat

Maybe if you'd give me a blog tutorial I'd update mine :)

Anonymous said...

I'm just curious--are you aware of how utterly self-involved you are, or does it come so naturally that you're completely oblivious of it?

Tang Tang said...

What the heck? I surely hope that was in jest. The Natalie I know is far from such aptly described beastiness.

Sounds like someone's jealous in the Talmage Building...(that's right, babe. I saw you post it. I'm watching you.)

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!