Thursday, December 07, 2006

A Tale of Two Donuts... Part II

People. My ship is taking on water. I woke up this morning, after a full 8.5 hours of sleep and could not get out of bed. I just couldn't do it. And I had to go to the bathroom so bad. But I still didn't want to get out of bed. I prolonged evacuation nearly another hour. Even with the having-to-go-to-the-bathroom. Here's the kicker. The only way I could get out of bed and make myself go to work was the promise of stopping at Albertson's for some donuts on the way. What is wrong with me?

So I'm two donuts fuller. At work. Not too happy to be here, but here nonetheless. I brought Tiffany and Amanda a donut this morning too. It makes me feel less guilty if others are partaking as well.

The best part of all? Tiffany, having read my "Donuts are the New Skittles" blog from a few days ago, feared my obsession was shifting. To get me back on the Skittles train, and in early celebration of the b-day, she brought me a one pound bag of Skittles today.

Two donuts and Skittles? Best of times.
Only being able to get out of bed with the promise of a donut? Worst of times.

2 comments:

Lindsay Jane said...

Nat....I was down in your neck of the woods looking for Steph's iPod when I ran across a box of donuts. I don't know if you brought them, but I cursed your name as I took one and inhaled it! Thanks!

Tapperfan said...

You cannot say I did not try to save you from yourself. By saving you, I figured I could also me from when you tried to make me eat them so you felt better. What a tangled web of sugar you have created...

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!