Sunday, December 17, 2006

proof TV isn't real life

I finished watching season one of Felicity. The characters were packing up their rooms to go home and kept packing books into boxes. Felicity--books into boxes. Noel--books into boxes. As someone who has been packing up her stuff for the big Boston move for the last two months, I can truthfully attest that there have been no books into boxes for Nat.

I guess moving means books into boxes the same way buying groceries means a loaf of french bread sticking out of a brown paper bag in tv/movie world.

Are there any other tv/movie generalities that don't translate well into actual reality?

6 comments:

Krista said...

people never say goodbye when they hang up the phone on tv. i tried it once and immediately received a call back asking if i was mad. i suppose television etiquette does not translate

Minnesota Fan said...

Nobody on TV orders a drink and then finishes it, unless they're trying to get drunk. Most of the time, people order a drink, have a sip or two and then leave to go to the next scene. This applies to alcohol, coffee or any other televised beverage.

maWeesa said...

remember how my life is Felicity? i'm living the dream.. oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE HER!

NatAttack said...

I thought of two more as I watched the Pelican Brief last night:

1. When a man is chasing a woman through a large group of people, no one ever tries to assist. I'd like to think some kind stranger, seeing a woman in distress, would offer some kind of diversion at least.

2. People get chased through kitches with alarming frequency. (See #1 for further commentary.)

NatAttack said...

And by kitchen I mean a large industrial kitchen. Like at a hotel. (See "Sister Act" for another example)

maWeesa said...

oh my correct name is back.. i'm so excited.. what is going on?

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!