Friday, December 01, 2006

Rat Attack

Four years ago, Krista and I started a list of "People We Vote Off the Universe." The list was buried in my piles 'o junk until last week when I unearthed the list in my attempts to de-junk my life. I'll have to post the list in its entirety another time, but I don't have it with me at work so I'll just have to rant about one name on the list for a second.

Chuck E. Cheese.

The name brings to mind childhood birthday parties with pizza and ball pits. Fun, right? Sure, you're a kid and you don't realize the establishment you're at is named after a rat.

A rat named Chuck! (Which brings to mind the ditty, How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood, right? Ironically, Joey Gladstone's woodchuck was also voted off the universe on the list. End tangent.)

A rat named Chuck is the mascot for an eating establishment 'o fun. Some marketer of yesteryear is a freakin' genius! (Can't you just imagine him running around the office jumping for joy and shouting, "The rat named Chuck worked! It worked!")

Chuck E. Cheese may be one of the better pizza brand establishments, but at heart, it's still a pizza parlor named after a big, cheesy, rat.

2 comments:

stephanielynn said...

I totally agree with it all. The thing the bugs me the most is the middle initial.

NatAttack said...

No kidding. Why didn't they just name the big cheese rat Chucky?

Like giving him an initial puts him in the ranks of apostles and presidents.

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!