Saturday, April 28, 2007

Big Apple Surprises

1. I was coming out of the subway at 110th last night with Michele just chit-chatting after dinner. Some mini-boy with earrings said "You're cute!" as I passed. It registered, I turned around and called, "Thank you!" and continued home. Holy unexpected and exciting!

2. I was at a Rite-Aid buying breakfast (a Diet Pepsi, bag of trail mix and a box of Hot Tamales) and the Sisters were standing in front of me. They were called to separate cashiers before I could say hello. The Sister closest to me paid for her purchases and handed the female cashier a pass-along card. Being in such close proximity allowed me to hear their conversation. It was fantastically cool to hear the whole thing unfold. The cashier was really excited saying "I've been wanting to get one of these!" and filled out a referral card for a future visit. I've never even seen missionaries in the city before--let alone seen such a successful contact!

3. Some woman was carrying a plastic bag with a doll in it. The surprise came from the fact that you could only see the doll's feet--and she was so nonchalant about it! I couldn't stop giggling.

4 comments:

Mallory Jan said...

Oh the joys of New York.

Alaina said...

Now I can't stop giggling.

Anonymous said...

That is what it is that makes NYC so attractive to some of us. Lots of people I know think it's a smelly dirty place, filled with undesirables...Yet it's very nature of unpredictables, of not knowing what you might SEE, or knowing that really anything you wear really goes that makes New York exciting. I envy you being there! Can't wait for November.
Kinobud

Rachel said...

Boston is better. Come home.

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!