Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Return of the Blog

If you haven’t noticed, I haven’t blogged much in the last week. I’ve had plenty to blog about—the random occurrences and oddities of my life continue to abound; there’s never a break from being me. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve opened Blogger in the last three days with the intention to blog and closed the window as I realized I have nothing to say that I haven’t already said. (P.S. I can’t premeditate or recreate blog material; it quickly dissolves into utter crap.)

I finally put my finger on my lack of blogability. For those of you who don’t know, my bestie Krista was in town this last weekend. Everything of humor, snark, or situational commentary from the last five days has been said. And remembered. And giggled about again.

To be honest, I’m recuperating from K’s trip. I haven’t had someone to talk non-stop with since I moved Eastward ho. I’m out of practice! Seriously. We took limited photos and the ones we do have are utter crap. (That’s twice now I’ve used the phrase “utter crap” naturally. I never say that outloud, how strange it comes out now. But twice is maybe 1.5 times too many. It shan’t be used from hereforth.) Hence, I’ll post photos of yesteryear. Well, December 2006 at my Disco Skate Birthday Extravaganza and April 2005 for Joe’s Annual Birthday Song Singing.










For the record, Krista was miraculously in town on Joe's birthday so we got to perform the 5th Annual "He's Not Your Average Joe" Birthday Song. Every year has the same tune, same chorus, and same embarrass-yourself-at-all-costs type attitude. This year was the first time without an instrument. (We had to use a keyboard in the 2005 version, seen above, since Krista couldn't play the guitar due to a wrist broken by a fall from a razor scooter being pulled by Joe's car at 25 mph. Mind you, this is the year we graduated from college.) We resorted to banging on the washing machine, clapping, stomping, and shouting exclamations at the end of each line. I'm not quite sure how it translated on a voicemail, but I wish you could have seen the leg kicks and moves that accompanied said song. Every year it gets better (worse) and better (worse).

I feel sufficiently rested now. I'm back on board the blogging train and will start taking this job seriously again so you all can begin slacking from your jobs and reading at work. All aboard!!!

7 comments:

A. Bednarz said...

weird...

NatAttack said...

Yes. Yes I am. Welcome to my world.

Krista said...

i have arrived. i'm dripping all over this blog. this legitimates my existence. here's to us nat.

NatAttack said...

Well; you did say the only reason you came to visit was to "make the blog."

I thought it was to help me make up nicknames or qualifiers for all the people I know or quasi-know to help you remember who they were. I've missed nicknames.

Mooney said...

Krista was awesome. If she lived here I'd go for her.

Mallory Jan said...

I wish I could have heard it. Lets just say joe is one lucky man.

PS- I knew I should hang out with Krista more---who doesn't want to be pulled behind a car on a razor scooter?

MishMyBelle said...

Two of my favorite girls!! Glad you guys had a fun weekend!

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!