Tuesday, April 03, 2007

An Officer & A Gentleman

I'll confess. I watched the season premiere of The Bachelor: An Officer and a Gentleman last night.

It. Was. Hilarious.

I was a pretty devoted watcher the first few seasons but my viewership tapered off with the tsunami of coverage following Trista and Ryan; the world's worst couple's wedding to air on broadcast television.

Back to the Officer and Gentleman (hard to forget actually since ABC kept shoving the O&G tagline down our throats). According to his ABC profile, bachelor Andy Baldwin is the world's most accomplished man. A doctor in uniform. An ironman. A philanthropist. And the girls trying to win his heart were a cornucopia of crazy.

Andy is an attractive man, but he's kind of a doof. Did any one who watched disagree with me? He's just a little socially awkward. Maybe it stems from the fact that he looks like 80's country legend Randy Travis:














Hot huh? The resemblances are uncanny in action shots. I'll admit, Andy photos well; but there's something about him that's just a little off.

But should the Bachelor not work out for him; you know, him not finding the love of his life amongst a bevy of beauties, he could always start touring the county fairs.

(If you're at all bored, please go to the Bachelor site and watch the trailer video. It's worth a look-see and a giggle.)

8 comments:

Alaina said...

You almost tempt me to watch television. Almost.

NatAttack said...

You have a baby. I have TV. I'd call us about even.

NatAttack said...

And by even I mean you're living a more fulfilling, celestially-progressive life than I am.

Though I admit that TV makes this 2nd estate pretty freaking funny.

NatAttack said...

But for PETE'S SAKE, start watching Friday Night Lights already.

Somebody! Anybody! I've been trying in vain to get one of you hooked. You won't won't won't be sorry.

And I'm done commenting on my own blog. Reeks of desperation.

Carly said...

I too, used to faithfully watch the Bachelor (or Bachelorette) when it first started. There was even an online contest my roommates and I participated in where you'd guess who was going to get kicked off every week and you got points if you were right. Or maybe it was the other way around, you guessed who would get the rose and stay. Well, you can see what part of the show I was focused on. The sobbing girls going home! Fun times, maybe this will be the season to get me back into it...

MishMyBelle said...

Agreed that Andy is a little socially awkward...but he is nervous! Give him some time to warm up :) Can I just say I am happy the scary attorney is off the show (those eyes!)

NatAttack said...

Oh wow. She looked like Chris Meloni with those bug eyes. That nearly made this post but I couldn't find a photo with close enough resemblance. I love that you picked up on it too!

Rachel said...

HOLY CRAP Nat you are funny!!! Is it just me or does the Bachelor dude resemble our own Spencer M. (LP2)? Strange...why do I feel like a live my life in an episode of The Bachelor...every munch and mingle?

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!