Friday, April 27, 2007

Oh the Oil Change

This morning at 8AM, I found myself at Jiffy Lube--proud that I'm being an independent adult able to take care of my most expensive of temporal possessions. (Please forget that this oil change is long overdue and the only way I could convince myself to be up, showered, packed, and ready to go pre-9AM is because I'm driving to NYC this afternoon and I swore to myself I'd die a horrific death if I didn't change the oil before I went.)

Time.
Money.
Car & Driver.
Cosmo Girl!

This was the selection of reading material. Why-o-why-o-why is this the menu of choices? WHY does Jiffy Lube have Cosmo Girl! magazine? They may as well have had a ZBop or YM. Talk about strange.

Nonetheless, in my pre-holy hours of the morning I needed the lightest of fluff to occupy my wait time. I learned the 5 things a guy is looking for in a girlfriend, what guys dig about a girl's MySpace page, what makeup is totally hawt for prom, and how to bargain with your rents to get what you really want.

Should I have:
a) stuck with looking at the pictures of 12-year-olds playing dress-up
b) taken the quiz "Are you a Fabu-Diva?"
c) put the magazine down and struck up conversation with the skeevy man staring at me
d) slept in and taken the bus to NYC
e) ___________________

4 comments:

Lady Bills said...

e) given the skeevy man behind the counter the "are you a fabu-diva quiz".

oh and don't you just LOVE those pre-teen girly magz that always shorten sentences and try to sound AWESOME with their teen-slang with crap like "hawt" or "rents" it makes my skin crawl

Alaina said...

Isn't it 'rents? Or did they ditch the apostrophe?

Truthfully, I miss the good ol' "parentals" from our day.

Unknown said...

And i thought you were going to fill me in on what the five things i look for in a girlfriend were, or what i dig about a girls myspace page! Work with me here. You know that would've made leeway for some pretty great commenting...

Mooney said...

Umm... B. Duh.

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!